Saturday, December 7, 2013

Black and White Truffles


Right around when I really started to get onto my pastry craze, I learned quickly that the only way I would be able to justify the time and resources I spent, was if I made the excuse that I wanted to give them away to other people. So, now, everything's become a reason for celebration. Helped us move some furniture? Have some cookies! End of the school year? Take some brownies! Got a new cat? Have a biscuit! You get the basic idea.

When my Dad told me in January that he would be switching jobs the following July, I almost immediately got him onboard with me giving boxes of truffles to all of his coworkers, and spent the next 4 months leading until I returned home figuring out new designs, flavors, and the basic logistics of who to give what.

These weren't the truffles I ended up giving them, but they're my first experimentation with the truffle exteriors using both dark and white chocolate, which I did shortly after I ripped the truffle molds out of their packaging, after literally waiting on my sofa watching the door for the deliveryman.

These were a bit time intensive, hence there only being four, but its always nice to push yourself to accomplish chocolatier-grade work at home.

Happy Hunting!

- Neha x



No comments:

Post a Comment