Saturday, August 16, 2014

Minnie Mouse {Red Velvet} Cupcakes


When a friend ordered some Minnie Mouse cupcakes, and gave me a few photos for reference, I got really excited! It had been a while since I had a chance to do something fun and whimsical with something as straightforward as cupcakes.

The end result was highly minimalist, but I love that classy, simple aesthetic. I made the ears out of chocolate with black gel food coloring, which *warning* made it oddly limp even though I tempered it. But yay for finally getting to use fondant again! I'm super late on this bandwagon, but it's incredible how useful this stuff is! It's mold-able, edible, play-doh. It's all of our childhood dreams realized. It's fantastic. 

Also, this cupcake extremely un-photogenic for some reason. But how do you like the chalkboard in the back? Just thought I'd try out something new ;)

Happy Hunting!

- Neha x

No comments:

Post a Comment